Phew… I think we are almost at the all caught up level of the Topbox reviews. Somehow knowing that a review for the May to July Topboxes will be coming at y’all soon makes it feel like I’ve really started making a dent (of sorts) in my blogging backlog, after all, if I can manage to do the beauty stuff, food stuff shouldn’t feel like a monumental task?
January’s Topbox included:
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics Paradise Blush (Full Size)
- Purology Curl Complete Shampoo (50ml)
- Purology Curl Complete Conditioner (50ml)
- Voesh New York Voesh Pedi Mud Masque in Olive Sensation (20g x 3)
- Bella Aura Skincare Gentle Purifying Cleanser (10ml)
- Garnier Micellar Water (125ml) (usually $10)
January’s Topbox was a nice box with a solid mix of products! I like that there is a full size Manna Kadar blush included, although I am not quite a pink blush kind of person – I tend to lean towards more golden/bronze tones, so this one is again moving to the donate pile. I love Purology products and even though my hair is more wavy-straight than curly, I like that this is a sulfate free product. The Bella Aura skincare was something I packed on my travels to Asia in May and it was decent product that gets the job done. Since I received the Voesh New York pedi mud in January and no one really sees my feet in the winter, I haven’t really gotten around to testing it out – it is something I will be using the next few weeks though. The one trendy-ish product that I have struggled with is micellar water and that’s not a knock on this Garnier one, but I never feel like my face feels clean after using micellar water. I will use it as a quick makeup remover, but I can’t stop myself from following up with another cleansing product. Does anyone else have this problem?
February’s Prive Topbox included:
February was definitely a Prive Topbox kind of month! I tried the Dr. Roebuck’s Pure moisturizer as part of my August Topbox and I was a fan, so when I saw that I could request a Dr. Roebuck’s Prive box, I didn’t hesitate at all! I love that the Dr. Roebuck’s products are natural and I like that way all the products feel on my face. I like both Face and Pure as a moisturizer and find they work well for my skin. I also thought Polish was a fairly gentle scrub that didn’t irritate my skin.
March’s Topbox included:
- Bella Aura Skincare Night Cellular Renewal (10ml)
- Cake Beauty Desserted Island Supreme Body Mousse (30ml)
- Joico Curl Perfected Curl Correcting Milk (50ml)
- Eyeko London Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black (Full Size)
- Dove Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo (30ml)
- Dove Regenerative Nourishment Conditioner (30ml)
- Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum (9ml)
March’s Topbox also came with a few extra samples in the form of the Dove Regenerative Nourishment hair care line. I haven’t used these products yet as I have a swath of other shampoos and conditioners to work my way through. I thought the Bella Aura night renewal cream was nice, although I would probably need to try a full size product to get a better feel for it’s anti-aging properties. I quite like Cake products and the same applies for the body mousse as I found it moisturizing and even though it was scented, it wasn’t overpowering. As I mentioned above, my hair isn’t quite in the curly range, so I haven’t used the Joico curl correcting milk and will probably offer it up to one of my friends with truly curly hair. The Eyeko liquid eyeliner is definitely not something that I will be testing, since I have terribly shaky hands, liquid eyeliners in general are not for me, so another one gets added to the donate pile (it’s getting fairly large these days!).
April’s Topbox included:
- Cake The ‘Do Gooder Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray (30g)
- Laritzy Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Retro Red (Full Size)
- Skin Republic Brightening Face Mask (Full Size – single)
- La Roche-Posay Micellar Water ULTRA (50ml)
- L’Oreal Hydra Genius Liquid Care (1.5ml x 2)
- Garnier Skinactive Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask (Full Size – single)
April’s Topbox came with face masks, which was all I needed to get really excited. I love face masks and sheet masks are just so convenient and easy to use that I can’t help buying them. I used the Skin Republic and Garnier masks and liked them both – I felt my skin felt nice after using them and will definitely consider buying them once I run out of all the Korean ones I bought when I was in Asia. The L’Oreal packets are extra samples, similar to what you find in magazines, that is if you still buy hard copy magazines, but it was ok for a single application and more or less did the trick (aka moisturized my skin). Dry shampoo is one of my favorite products and I use it regularly, but I haven’t had time to test the Cake one as I am still working away on the other ones I own. I really can’t believe how long it takes me to use up certain products (dry shampoo obviously being one), but I can’t wait to try this one. Again. there is a bottle of micellar water and I can’t bring myself to open it and test it out. considering how I feel about the product type, so I will be trying to find this one a new home. The same goes for the Laritzy lip pencil, which is a pretty colour, but it’s not a colour for me.
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
With the exception of the Dr. Roebuck’s Prive Topbox, all of the other boxes came with extra samples from well known drug store brands. I am glad that Topbox didn’t replace items with the drug store samples as that is one of my pet peeves – if I can find a sample of it directly from the company for free via their own sampling programs, I wouldn’t want to pay for it via a subscription box service. So since Topbox made them supplementary, it was a nice perk that added a little extra value to the boxes, which I am still only paying $12.60 for.
January Topbox – Total Value: $54.37
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics Paradise Blush – $24.95
- Purology Curl Complete Shampoo – $6.60
- Purology Curl Complete Conditioner – $7.20
- Voesh New York Voesh Pedi Mud Masque in Olive Sensation – $7.99
- Bella Aura Skincare Gentle Purifying Cleanser – $4.50
- Garnier Micellar Water – ~$3.13
February Prive Topbox – Total Value: $38.96
- Dr. Roebuck’s Face – $11.99
- Dr. Roebuck’s Polish – $15.98
- Dr. Roebuck’s Pure – $10.99
March Topbox – Total Value: $76.82
- Bella Aura Skincare Night Cellular Renewal – $36.67
- Cake Beauty Desserted Island Supreme Body Mousse – $2.64
- Joico Curl Perfected Curl Correcting Milk – ~$5.85
- Eyeko London Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black- $28.65
- Dove Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo – $0.80
- Dove Regenerative Nourishment Conditioner – $0.80
- Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum -$1.38
April Topbox – Total Value: $36.01
- Cake The ‘Do Gooder Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray – $2.85
- Laritzy Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Retro Red – $18
- Skin Republic Brightening Face Mask – $8.00
- La Roche-Posay Micellar Water ULTRA – $2.50
- L’Oreal Hydra Genius Liquid Care – $0.67
- Garnier Skinactive Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask – $3.99