It’s been a warm weekend, which means that it is obviously time to blitz through a review of the fall Topboxes… and blitz really is the key word considering I had no strong feelings on the following boxes.
October’s Topbox Included:
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage City Smart Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion (5ml)
- Revlon Professional Equave Hydro Nutritive Detangling Conditioner (9ml)
- Eyeko London Fat Eye Stick in Gilt (Full Size – 4g)
- Jor’el Parker (Harvey Prince) Fango Mud Therapy (30ml)
October’s box is what I consider a fairly standard Topbox in terms of a mix of products and brands. I never have anything negative to say about sunscreen since I am a big believer in practicing sun safety, so the Elizabeth Arden sunscreen is something that I used and thought worked fine. I liked the Revlon detangling conditioner as it seemed to work on my hair and left it feeling fairly soft. The Eyeko eye stick was a really nice colour, but considering I have a lot of other eye shadow palettes and am honestly too lazy to wear eye makeup (beyond mascara) most days, I ended putting this in my donate pile. I quite liked the Jor’el Parker mud therapy, but I tend to like all types of face masks. I thought this was a pretty decent mask and left my skin feeling great and most importantly, I thought my pores felt/looked unclogged.
November’s Prive Topbox included:
When I am given the choice, I tend to opt for the regular Topbox as opposed to a Prive box, but when there is a Prive box available for products that I really liked before or are intrigued by, I will opt in for the chance to try a specific brand. I received the O.R.G. Skincare peel in my June 2016 Topbox and really liked it, so I was more than happy to request their Prive box in November. I love peels and I do feel like after using the mask that my skin feels and looks fantastic so there is nothing but love from me for this box.
December’s Topbox included:
- Pupa Milano Vamp! Mascara (Full Size – 9ml)
- NeoStrata All-in-One Cleansing Milk (25 ml)
- Eau Thermale Avène – Avène Thermal Spring Water (50ml)
- Essie Nail Lacquer in Turquoise and Caicos (Full Size – 13.5ml)
December ended with pretty nice box filled with a few favorites and some interesting new brands. I love Essie nail polishes, although Turquoise and Caicos skews a little too pale/minty for my tastes, so that is not one that stayed in my personal nail polish collection. NeoStrata is definitely becoming one of my favorite brands and the cleansing milk is something I have used before and like a lot. My skin always feels and looks very clean after using it, especially when I use it at the end of the day and all my makeup needs to come off. I haven’t used a spray like Eau Thermale Avène in a long time, but I thought this was quite nice in the winter months, which is when my skin gets very dry. I have read that it is supposed to be good for people with red, sensitive and irritated skin, but my skin doesn’t quite fall into that category, so I can’t vouch for that, but if you have sensitive skin, it may be worth a try. Finally, we have the Pupa Milano mascara, which I think has a lot of potential, but is something I haven’t gotten around to trying yet. I am terrible for testing the mascaras from my Topboxes as I receive a lot of mascara to test on a regular basis, so I tend to leave anything that isn’t solely for testing purposes to the side.
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
I continue to pay $12.60 for my Topboxes and they continue to come in at a higher value than what I pay, so the Topbox life for me remains a thing.
October Topbox – Total Value: $25.69
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage City Smart Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion – $10.63
- Revlon Professional Equave Hydro Nutritive Detangling Conditioner – $0.79
- Eyeko London Fat Eye Stick in Gilt – $9.19
- Jor’el Parker (Harvey Prince) Fango Mud Therapy – $5.08
November Topbox – Total Value: $17.28
- O.R.G. Skincare Mineral Peel Face with Brightening Agents – $4.32 x 4
December Topbox – Total Value: $45.44
- Pupa Milano Vamp! Mascara – $23
- NeoStrata All-in-One Cleansing Milk – $2.75
- Eau Thermale Avène – Avène Thermal Spring Water – $9.70
- Essie Nail Lacquer in Turquoise and Caicos – $9.99