For me, mid-fall always means hitting up the Edmonton Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival! I have attended for the past few years now and still like going to hang out with friends while being surrounded by wine and food, especially Papa Chocolat’s handmade chocolates. This year’s event will be taking place on November 6-7 at the Shaw Conference Centre.
For those that are not familiar the Edmonton Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival, it takes place in the Shaw Conference Centre and is a food and beverage filled extravaganza. The Grand Tasting Hall will be serving up a collection of wines from around the globe, premium spirits, single malt and blended scotches, port, specialty liqueurs, and import and micro-brewed beer to go with delicious food from local restaurants, hotels and food purveyors. There will definitely be something for everyone and if you want to see what you’re in store for, check out the lists of wineries participating, other adult beverages and food samples!
There will also be some chances to win some great prizes for those who keep an on out on the Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts! For those of you who will be on your phone all day/night anyway, check out the Festival app to receive updates to the menus as well as to make notes on all your favorite bites and sips.
Sobey’s Liquor and Safeway Wine & Spirits are the title sponsors for the event and as with previous years, there will be an on-site liquor store for you to purchase your favorite wines before heading home!
Ticket prices range from $19 – $30 depending on which session you choose and how you purchase them, but buying them at the door ($23-$34) will cost you more than buying online. The ticket prices are not all-inclusive so you will need to purchase sample tickets once you get into the festival. Sample tickets are $0.50 each and items will range from 1-20 tickets, although typically I find they averaged out to between 8-10 tickets for most items. Sample tickets are also cash only, so remember to stop for some before heading in!
The sessions for the event are as follows:
- Friday, November 6, 5-10pm
- Saturday, November 7, 12-4pm
- Saturday, November 7, 6-10pm
One last thing to add – Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival is collecting donations for the Edmonton Food Bank, so if you’re on your way down, please bring a non-perishable donation with you. Donors will receive a ballot to enter a draw for a prize package.
Contest Closed. Congratulations to Leanne on winning tickets to Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival!
Now moving onto the giveaway portion of the post – I have a pair of tickets to the Saturday Afternoon (November 7) Session for a lucky reader. There are a few ground rules though:
- Tickets are for Saturday Afternoon (12-4pm) only and cannot be transferred to another session
- Tickets will only get you in the door, you’re on your own for sampling coupons
- All attendees must be over the age of 18 (no minors (including infants) are permitted to attend)
So what do you have to do to win?
- Mandatory entry: Leave a comment below letting me know what you want to try at the Festival (make sure you leave a valid email address!)
- Bonus entries (just let me know in the comments which accounts you followed):
- Follow me on the Twitter: @Argenplath
- Follow Rocky Mountain Wine and Food on Twitter: @rockywinefood
- Follow me on Instagram: @argenplath
- Follow Rocky Mountain Wine and Food on Instagram: @rockywinefood
- Comment on the contest post on Instagram
- Send tweet saying something like “I entered @Argenplath’s giveaway for a pair of tickets to @rockywinefood. http://wp.me/p2eRUx-DY #yegfood” (You can be more creative than that as long as you tag @argenplath and @rockywinefood)
- Giveaway ends Thursday, October 29 at 9pm MDT.