June has a been a really beautiful month so far and best of all my garden is starting to bloom! My flowers are popping up in all their glory, so I’ve been taking some inside and I have to say it’s been an absolute pleasure having a fresh bouquet on my table at home, so I thought I’d share a look at them with this month’s topbox.
June’s Topbox included:
- Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation (Light to Medium – 4 samples)
- Deborah Lippmann Luxurious Nail Color in Video Killed the Radio Star (Full Size – 15ml)
- Fruits & Passion Aloe Face Mask (Full Size – 1 Mask)
- Paula’s Choice Clinical KP Treatment Cloths (10 cloths)
- Coupon for Deborah Lippmann Smooth Operator Nail File at Holt Renfrew
- Coupon for Fruits & Passion Eye, Nose, Lip or Anti-Imperfection Targeted Solution
When I opened my June box, the first thing that caught my attention was the Deborah Lippmann nail polish – I really like Deborah Lippmann polishes but I can’t always afford to splurge on a $20-$22 bottle, so yay for receiving one in this month’s box. At first blush, I was a little scared of “Video Killed the Radio Star” because it is a very electric blue, but upon reflection, there is nothing that says electric blue can’t be great, but I may go with it in small doses for me (accent nails!). I am intrigued by the number of Keratosis Pilaris aka KP products that Topbox has been sending – I do have some of the signs of KP on my arms, so I am definitely interested in seeing if the Paula’s Choice clinical KP treatment cloths will actually help make them go away (or at least look less visible). The Fruits & Passion aloe face mask seems pretty standard and like I have said before, I like seeing more paper face masks options available in North America, considering I used to stock up on them through online shops from Asia. I think I am least interested in the Buxom show some skin weightless foundation sample pack – It is a pretty hefty sample size in that it has 4 different shades and I would say a fairly decent amount of foundation for each shade. The downside is I am pretty sure only 1 of those shades will work for me, although maybe I will be able to mix stuff together to create a custom shade for myself. Finally, there are the coupons for the Deborah Lippmann nail file and the Fruits & Passion targeted solution. I did read online that some people received these coupons and can’t use them because they don’t have access to the shop, in particular, Holt Renfrew, since you can use the Fruits & Passion coupon online. I own the Deborah Lippmann nail file and I like it. but I prefer buffing blocks over files, although this does work in a pinch, so I am going to pop down to my local Holt Renfrew and claim my file. I will probably not be getting the Fruits & Passion targeted solution since there are no stores in Alberta and shipping online is quite expensive to the prairie provinces ($10 for purchases under $85).
In addition to my regular topbox, I also ordered the limited edition Flare Fearless Beauty Box from topbox. It was on sale and had a few things that I could always use, so I was like “why not?”
The Flare Fearless Beauty Box included:
- Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Succulent Cherry (Full Size – 3.5g)
- Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash (50 ml)
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara by LashBlast in Very Black (Full Size – 13.1ml)
- Herbal Essences Rejuvenating Shampoo & Conditioner (100ml x 2)
- Olay Fresh Effects Clear Skin Swirled Mattifier (0.5ml x 2)
- Vidal Sassoon Hair Colour Coupon
The top items for me in this Flare beauty box are the Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner plus the Olay body wash. These are the perfect size for all the travel I have planned this year, especially since I am too “thrifty” to pay $25 to check any baggage. The Covergirl lipstick is quite pretty and I am seeing so many people going for a red lip that I am tempted to give this a shot instead of the more sheer look that I prefer. The Covergirl mascara looks pretty decent, but I own more mascaras than lashes, so I think this will either get passed onto a friend or possibly donated to a local charity/shelter that takes toiletries. The Olay mattifier is probably going to make it in the travel bag, that is if I don’t lose them first – they are quite thin and easy to misplace. Finally, there is a Vidal Sassoon hair colour coupon, which I think is a great idea since everyone has different hair needs and who really wants to ship a random hair dye to people. I used to use box dyes for my hair and it was fine but my hair is very dark so most colours barely showed up. I have given up colouring my hair for now, but that may change once more than 1 grey hair starts to show up. I am giving the coupon to my Aunt, who is more than happy to give the Vidal Sassoon color a try.
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
So in total, the two boxes cost $17+tax, which I think is a phenomenal value considering the Deborah Lippmann polish costs $20 alone! The regular June topbox value is fantastic even if I remove the 2 coupon values because of the nail polish, of course, if the nail polish was the wrong colour, the value to me would be greatly diminished. I wavered over buying the Flare Fearless Beauty Box because it is all drugstore brands, but topbox had it on sale for $5 instead of $9 (regular price) so then it was much more worth it. Of course, the things I like best had the smallest value and would be less than $5, but buying travel size products in store is not cheap, which is why I love sample sizes, because I don’t feel like I am overpaying for the same products. I can hear my mama saying “just buy travel size containers and refill them from the full size bottles before leaving” but that’s really annoying and potentially messy. Also I would have to cart the containers back from my travels – the best thing about sample sizes is you can recycle/dispose of the containers during your travels and fit other cooler purchases in your bag.
June Topbox: Total Value – ~$49
- Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation (Light to Medium) – $2
- Deborah Lippmann Luxurious Nail Color in Video Killed the Radio Star – $20
- Fruits & Passion Aloe Face Mask – $2.50
- Paula’s Choice Clinical KP Treatment Cloths- $7
- Coupon for Deborah Lippmann Smooth Operator Nail File at Holt Renfrew – $15
- Coupon for Fruits & Passion Eye, Nose, Lip or Anti-Imperfection Targeted Solution – $2.50
Flare Fearless Beauty Box: Total Value – ~$34.50
- Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Succulent Cherry – $7
- Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash – $1
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara by LashBlast in Very Black – $7
- Herbal Essences Rejuvenating Shampoo & Conditioner (100ml x 2) – $2
- Olay Fresh Effects Clear Skin Swirled Mattifier (0.5ml x 2) – $0.50
- Vidal Sassoon Hair Colour Coupon – $16.99