The April to June Topboxes are what I would like to call the “nail polish editions” since I received a nail polish in each one of these boxes. While I love nail polish very much, I do occasionally wish I could customize my Topbox a little bit so they know which colours look absolutely hideous on me and to not include those shades.
April’s Topbox included:
- LA Splash Nail Splash in Curfew (10ml – Full Size)
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging + Intensive Repair Eye Serum (2ml)
- Sweet Pea Soap – French Green Clay (Full Size?)
- Pur~Lisse pur~moist hydra balance moisturizer (15ml)
I really liked this Topbox even though I was initially disappointed with the Elizabeth Arden foil packet, but then I realized it was an eye serum and those take me forever to use up. The LA Splash nail polish colour is definitely in my wheelhouse and it is not a shade that I have despite my love for teal polishes. The Sweet Pea soap smells fantastic and while I don’t tend to use a lot bar soaps to wash my face, I am intrigued by the French green clay, green tea and licorice root extract in it. I strongly believe in moisturizing in our climate, so receiving the Pur~Lisse moisturizer is not a bad thing, but it remains patiently waiting in the queue to be used.
May’s Topbox Included:
- Kinetics Nail Colors in Crazy Daizy (15 ml – Full Size)
- Mereadesso All-in-One Moisturizer Travel Size (12ml – Full Size)
- Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 (5ml)
- Benefit Cosmetics Posiebalm – Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm (0.5g)
The May Topbox was a little bit of a hit and miss for me with the biggest miss being the Kinetics nail polish. The colour of this was just so shockingly pink and slightly not attractive for my skin tone, I am definitely giving this one away. The Benefit posiebalm is not a hit but also not really a miss, it’s just that I don’t really care for coloured lip products. However, the fact that this is a tinted product makes it less of a miss since I prefer super subtle colour over a bold lip. The Elizabeth Arden and Mereadesso are moisturizers and we all know that I love moisturizers, so these two were a definite hit for me. The Mereadesso is also great for travel since it is lightweight like a foil packet, but it has a seal on the back that lets you use it without worrying about having to waste product.
June’s Topbox Included:
- Teeez Chain of Stones Nail Lacquer in Jealously Jade (8.5ml – Full Size)
- Barefoot Venus Lip Fable in Gingerbread (4g – Full Size)
- KMS California HAIRSTAY style boost (71g)
- Bioderma Atoderm Gentle Shower Gel (100ml)
While June was a decent Topbox in terms of items and value, these were not products that got my heart racing with excitement. At first I was stoked to see another nail polish, but unfortunately the Teeez nail polish was in jade… yet another colour that is not for me *whomp whomp*. The Barefoot Venus lip fable smells nice but again it is a lip balm that involves using my fingers to apply so that is a no-no for me. I have received the KMS California product before and as I usually just straighten my hair – I can’t think that I would use this product very much. I may break it out for days when I want to get fancier but to be honest, I value my sleep more than beautifully styled fancy hair. I am extraordinary unpicky (that’s not a word but you know what I mean) about shower gels, if they smell nice and don’t leave a residue, I am fine with it, so I am certain I won’t have any issues with the Bioderma shower gel.
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
All my Topboxes came in at $12.60 and the value of each box certainly exceeded what I paid. I did find some great products that I really liked such as the Mereadesso moisturizer and LA Splash nail polish. Overall these three Topboxes had more ok to great products than straight up misses, so I would say we’re looking at 7.5/10, which gives me the go-ahead to keep on subscribing.
April Topbox – Total Value: $50.62
- LA Splash Nail Splash in Curfew ($7.50)
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging + Intensive Repair Eye Serum ($20.67)
- Sweet Pea Soap – French Green Clay ($5.95)
- Pur~Lisse pur~moist hydra balance moisturizer ($16.50)
May Topbox – Total Value: $45.47
- Kinetics Nail Colors in Crazy Daizy ($9)
- Mereadesso All-in-One Moisturizer Travel Size ($28)
- Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 ($4.80)
- Benefit Cosmetics Posiebalm – Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm ($3.67)
June Topbox – Total Value: $33.71
- Teeez Chain of Stones Nail Lacquer in Jealously Jade ($15)
- Barefoot Venus Lip Fable in Gingerbread ($7.50)
- KMS California HAIRSTAY style boost ($8.22)
- Bioderma Atoderm Gentle Shower Gel ($2.99)