Well… if there was a prize for best (worst?) procrastinating blogger, I am pretty sure that would be me. I am working through a backlog of posts and trying to catch up on everything starting with my Topboxes over the past year *insert shame face here*. But let’s pretend this never happened and just move on to my boxes from December to March.
December’s Topbox included:
- Belvada Cosmetics Coconut Lip Butter (10ml, Full Size)
- Cuccio Colour Nail Lacquer in Remix (14ml – Full Size)
- Estee Lauder Modern Muse Eau de Parfum (2.9ml)
- Skiin Instant Skin Tightener and Line Filler (3ml)
The December Topbox didn’t exactly blow me away since it had two things that I just don’t really love – perfume and lip butters. I am really picky about scents and tend to prefer more citrus notes over floral ones, so the Estee Lauder Modern Muse is not one I would go for. I also don’t love lip butters that come in little pots – I just hate using my fingers to apply it so I am a fan of any other type of packaging that allows me to avoid that. I can’t tell you how the Belvada Coconut lip butter performed since I didn’t use it at all. I did like the Cuccio Colour nail polish quite a bit and love that it adds a sparkly layer to a solid base polish. It requires a little bit of effort to get it off, but that’s par for course with this type of glitter polish. I never used the Skiin instant skin tightener, but it certainly sounds like it has potential.
January’s Topbox included:
- Aveda Stress-Fix Body Lotion (25ml)
- Cargo Cosmetics Better than Waterproof Mascara (4.5ml)
- Zax Healthcare Inc Dark-Circle Eye Cream (3 x 2g)
- Belvada Cosmetics Coloured Tweezers (Full Size)
- Pari Precious Glow Eyeshadow Intensifier and Primer in Platinum (10ml – Full Size)
- Pari Eyeshadow (2g – Full Size)
January’s topbox was the only box that I paid an extra $10 to have some bonus products thrown in, so it’s a more expensive box but I think the bonus items made up for the rest of the box. I like the Aveda body lotion and it worked well, but I am overwhelmed by body lotion from various boxes and sample kits so I don’t know when I would possibly have an opportunity to buy any (maybe in 2020?). Speaking of overwhelmed, I am also over run with mascara and as I only have one set of eyelashes, I haven’t even made it to trying the Cargo mascara and may never get there before it dries out. I haven’t had a reason to use the Zax Healthcare dark circle eye creams yet, but as I am battling insomnia these days, I have a feeling, they will be coming in handy very very soon. The Belvada tweezers are pretty typical looking tweezers and I have my trusty tweezerman, so I haven’t used it and probably never will. The two Pari products are the bonus products I received and I like both of them – I am a sucker for primers and illuminators so the precious glow is definitely one for my arsenal of products. The eyeshadow is a good, relatively neutral colour that I can use for my day to day looks.
February’s Topbox included:
- Estee Lauder Double Ended Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara and Pure Colour Gloss in Rock Candy (2.8ml + 4.5ml)
- So Susan Water-Based Pure Luminizer (15g – Full Size)
- Benefit Cosmetics Total Moisture Facial Cream (8.9g)
- Epic Blend Lip Balm (4.2g – Full Size)
February’s Topbox was much better for me than the previous two months, although there was yet another mascara. I do like the double ended Estee Lauder mascara and lip gloss because it’s great for an evening out. I love that it’s a single piece but two different products, so you only need to grab one thing for (just in case) touch ups when you’re out. I haven’t used the So Susan luminizer yet but I am very excited to open it soon… once I finish using up the other products I own. I am starting to see the downside of being a beauty junkie – I cannot keep up with the amount of product that shows up at my door. *sad face* I use a lot of moisturizer, especially in the very dry Edmonton winters, and the Benefit facial cream is the perfect size to stash in my purse so I can use in case of a dry skin emergency on the go (it happens). The Epic Blend lip balm is also perfect for my needs, since I use a lot of lip balm and always seem to need one in my purse, car, or office. I did use this a few times before promptly misplacing it, but it did the job so there are no complaints here.
March’s Topbox included:
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (7ml)
- Belvada Cosmetics Blackhead Facial Mask (2 x 8ml)
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey (1.2g)
- Lashem 3-in-1 Eye Bright (15ml – Full Size)
The March Topbox is a pretty decent box, but I have to admit, I haven’t touched 3 of the products in here. I gave the Estee Lauder advanced night repair to my mom and she didn’t say anything about it so I assume no news is good news? I have heard nothing but good things from several friends about the Clinique lipstick in black honey as it is a sheer lipstick so it is not nearly as dark as it looks when you open it. I don’t know how the Lashem Eye-Bright works as it takes me an eternity to go through eye creams and I just haven’t gotten to this one yet. If someone else has tried it, let me know how you liked it! Finally is the Belvada blackhead facial mask – I didn’t really like this mask at all but I don’t really like peel off masks as I find it really drying for my skin. Blackheads are also not an area of major concern for me so I can’t even tell how effective the mask was, so all I can say is it was not the mask for me.
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
I paid $12,60 for my Topboxes ($22.60 for January) and the listed value for the boxes (pro-rated based on size) certainly exceed what I paid for them. I am still relatively happy with the boxes and while some months are not my favorites, I can always find one or two things that I like in each box. Comparatively, this is a relatively inexpensive box and I am definitely willing to keep my subscription for that little fun pick me up each month.
December Topbox – Total Value: $32.51
- Belvada Cosmetics Coconut Lip Butter ($10)
- Cuccio Colour Nail Lacquer in Remix ($10)
- Estee Lauder Modern Muse Eau de Parfum ($2.52)
- Skiin Instant Skin Tightener and Line Filler ($9.99)
January Topbox – Total Value: $52.29
- Aveda Stress-Fix Body Lotion ($4.06)
- Cargo Cosmetics Better than Waterproof Mascara ($10.80)
- Zax Healthcare Inc Dark-Circle Eye Cream ($6.43)
- Belvada Cosmetics Coloured Tweezers ($5)
- Pari Precious Glow Eyeshadow Intensifier and Primer in Platinum ($15)
- Pari Eyeshadow ($11)
February Topbox – Total Value: $$68.57
- Estee Lauder Double Ended Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara and Pure Colour Gloss in Rock Candy ($12.13 + $19.5)
- So Susan Water-Based Pure Luminizer ($24.96)
- Benefit Cosmetics Total Moisture Facial Cream ($8.49)
- Epic Blend Lip Balm ($3.49)
March Topbox- Total Value: $66.70
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair ($14.7)
- Belvada Cosmetics Blackhead Facial Mask (no price)
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey ($12)
- Lashem 3-in-1 Eye Bright ($40)