It’s that time of year again… The Edmonton Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival is back the 13th year on Oct 24-25! I have had fantastic experiences the last two years that I have attended the event. I always look forward to trying some of the wonderful food and wine the city (and beyond) has to offer.
For those that are not familiar the Edmonton Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival, it takes place in Halls A-C of the Shaw Conference Centre and is food and beverage filled extravaganza. The Grand Tasting Hall will be serving up a collection of wines from around the globe, premium spirits, single malt and blended scotches, port, specialty liqueurs, and import and micro-brewed beer to go with tasty food from local restaurants, hotels and food purveyors. There will definitely be something for everyone and if you want to see what you’re in store for, check out the lists of wineries participating, other adult beverages and food samples! In addition to the food and wine, the Dairy Farmers of Canada will be hosting free cheese seminars (first come first serve) – I missed participating last year but it looked like a lot of fun!
Sobey’s Liquor is the title sponsor for the event and as with previous years, there will be an on-site liquor store for you to purchase your favorite wines before heading home! There is also a 10% off printable coupon available on the Edmonton Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival – just in case you need to stock up before or after the event.
Ticket prices range from $19 – $29 depending on which session you choose and how you purchase them, but buying them at the door will cost you more than buying online. The ticket prices are not all-inclusive so you will need to purchase sample tickets once you get into the festival. Sample tickets are $0.50 each and items will range from 1-20 tickets, although last year I think they averaged out to between 6-10 tickets for most items. Sample tickets are also cash only, so remember to stop for some before heading in!
The sessions for the event are as follows:
- Friday, October 24 5-10pm
- Saturday, October 25 12-4pm
- Saturday, October 25 6-10pm
Now moving onto the giveaway portion of our segment – I have a pair of tickets to the Saturday Afternoon (Oct 25) Session for a lucky reader. There are a few ground rules though:
- Tickets are for Saturday Afternoon (12-4pm) only and cannot be transferred to another session
- Tickets will only get you in the door, you’re on your own for sampling coupons
- All attendees must be over the age of 18 (no minors (including infants) are permitted to attend)
So what do you have to do to win?
- Mandatory entry: Leave a comment below letting me know what you want to try at the Festival (make sure you leave a valid email address!)
- Bonus entries:
- Follow me on the Twitter Machine: @Argenplath (let me know that you did so in the comments)
- Send tweet saying something like “I entered @Argenplath’s giveaway for a pair of tickets to @rockywinefood. http://wp.me/p2eRUx-vg #yegfood” (You can be more creative than that as long as you tag @argenplath and @rockywinefood)
- Giveaway ends Thursday, October 16 at 5pm MDT.