It’s that time of year again – Winefest is back in Edmonton for the 6th year and this iteration falls on Valentine’s weekend (is Valentine’s weekend a thing?), so if you’re looking for something to do with someone you love (or just like a lot) – this would be a fun time! I was at Winefest last year and had an absolute blast – I can’t wait to go back this year!
Winefest is an all-inclusive tasting event covering 17 different wine regions (247 wines!) that will be taking place at the Shaw Conference Centre. Attendees will be able to sample a variety of red, white, sparkling and desserts while nibbling on hor d’oeuvres provided by the Shaw Conference Centre and talking to wine experts about the various wines available to sample. Sobeys Liquor is the title sponsor of the event, so they will have a store on-site for people pick up a bottle of their favorite wines or stock up on at a later date at one of their retail locations.
One of the things I really like about Winefest this year is that they have an app available for attendees to make notes and find specific wines. Attendees also get to take a Riedel wine glass home – just a word to the wise, you might want to bring something to wrap it in so you can carry it home in your purse/bag.
Winefest has three sessions (two now that Saturday night is sold out) available:
- Friday, February 14, 2014: 7 – 10pm ($75 + tax + $3.75 Service Fee)
- Saturday, February 15, 2014: 2 – 5 pm ($70 + tax + $3.75 Service Fee)
- Saturday, February 15, 2015: 7 – 10pm ($75 + tax + $3.75 Service Fee) – SOLD OUT
The ticket price might seem a bit on the expensive side, but I think if you enjoy wine, you will find there is definitely value for your money. So, if you are looking to indulge next Friday or Saturday, Winefest just might be the thing for you!
I do have a pair of tickets to giveaway to the Saturday afternoon session ($140 value) and entering is super easy: Contest Closed. Congratulations to Marlow Moo on winning the tickets!
- Please note that you must be 18+ to enter the contest and attend Winefest (no minors, including infants are permitted to attend)
- Please leave me a valid email when you post your comments as that is how I will be getting in contact with you.
- Mandatory Entry – Leave me a comment below telling me what your favorite wine is
- Bonus Entry (+1/day) – tweet: I just entered @Argenplath’s contest to win tickets to @Winefest! http://wp.me/p2eRUx-ul
- Contest ends Sunday, February 9 at 6:00pm MST.