Let’s continue with the topbox reviews and talk about October and November shall we? I actually paid and upgraded my regular topbox for the Cosmetics topbox and I am so glad I did. This probably ranks as one of my favorite boxes over the last year.
My upgraded box came with so many great products that I have no words for how happy I was when it arrived! There were a bunch of full size products along with some great sample sizes. My October box included:
- Shiseido Hydro Balancing Softener (Full Size)
- Biotherm Blue Therapy Moisturizing Cream (Full Size)
- Bio-Oil (Full Size)
- Bioderma Sebium Global (5ml)
- Live Clean Fresh Face Refreshing Facial Wipes (Full Size)
- Garnier Dark Spot Treatment Mask (1 mask)
- Bio-Beauté by Nuxe Cleansing Milk with Orange Water (4ml)
- Bio-Beauté by Nuxe Toning Exfoliant with Red Currant Pulp (7ml)
- L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect BB Cream (1.5ml)
- L’Oreal Paris Texture Perfector (1.5ml)
I have had so many friends rave about Bio-Oil especially for stretch marks that I have been wanting to try it. Although stretch marks aren’t really an issue for me, I do have a bunch of scars from my more clumsy adventures that I want to try this out on. I have tried the the Biotherm blue therapy cream before and really liked it so I am excited to have a full size container especially as the dry Edmonton winter starts to mess with my skin. One of my friends swears by Shiseido products and keeps telling me that I need to try it but I haven’t been motivated enough to switch from my usual brands, so this will be a nice way to test it out (even though I probably won’t get around to using it until next year).
The Live Clean wipes are currently sitting in my carry-on suitcase waiting for my next trip. I like to pack wipes for travelling because you just never know when you won’t have access to a washroom and will need to wash your face. The two Bio-Beauté products are in my sample bag waiting to be used and I don’t know anything about the brand so I am interested in seeing how they perform. I tried the L’Oreal BB Cream and it was actually not too bad – I was concerned about it being a much too light for my skin but once I blended it in, it was ok. I have ambivalent feelings towards the hype over BB (and by extension CC) creams as I don’t know if BB creams are really as awesome as they are made out to be. The L’Oreal Texture Perfector is another sample I haven’t touched yet and I have several samples as it also came in all my magazines but I imagine it won’t be that different from the other primers out on the market. And last but not least is the Garnier Dark Spot Mask – ever since my first vacation to Asia, I have been obsessed with paper masks. There is just something so easy about using them that I prefer them over other kinds of masks (i.e. clay masks – they are so messy!). I tried the mask and it was nice but I don’t know that you would see results with just one mask, so maybe a buying a box of these will be in my future.
I just received my November box recently and I have to admit, I don’t remember selecting this as a prive box, but yet I must have? I think that I may have been a in rush and selected the wrong box – this Bioderma box is for sensitive skin and redness, which isn’t a super huge issue for me, but I think it could come in handy as winter takes its toll on my skin.
Regardless, November’s topbox included:
- Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution (100ml)
- Sensibio AR Cream (Full Size)
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
As I mentioned earlier, the October topbox is my favorite topbox so far and it was an amazing value for $17+tax. I am so glad I decided to pay for the upgrade!
October Topbox (Total Value – $73.91)
- Shiseido Hydro Balancing Softener – $18
- Biotherm Blue Therapy Moisturizing Cream – $25
- Bio-Oil – $12
- Bioderma Sebium Global – $3
- Live Clean Fresh Face Refreshing Facial Wipes – $10
- Garnier Dark Spot Treatment Mask – $2.67
- Bio-Beauté by Nuxe Cleansing Milk with Orange Water – $0.52
- Bio-Beauté by Nuxe Toning Exfoliant with Red Currant Pulp – $1.17
- L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect BB Cream – $0.30
- L’Oreal Paris Texture Perfector – $1.25
Despite choosing that wrong box, the Bioderma prive box is a fantastic value as it was worth $36.80 and I only paid $12.60. Even if I can’t use the products in here, I am sure that one of my friends and family members will be willing to take it off my hands.
November Topbox (Total Value – $36.80)
- Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution – $8.80
- Sensibio AR Cream – $28
- $5 off $15 or more coupon
With two fabulous months of boxes and products, I can’t wait to see what the holiday topbox will have in store for me!