It’s a been a while since my last topbox review, but I have finally gotten all my boxes organized and photographed! So let’s get this topbox review started with the summer boxes.
July was another prive box for me because I like control and knowing what I am getting every month is so tempting that I almost always pick one of the prive boxes over the regular (surprise) topboxes. July was the KMS box filled with hair products.
The July box included:
- Hairstay Dry Xtreme (65ml)
- Addvolume Volumizing Spray (30ml)
- Freeshape Quick Blow Dry (30ml)
- Hairplay Messing Creme (5ml)
- Tamefrizz Taming Creme (12ml)
I haven’t used any of the creme’s but I just lopped off a lot of hair so maybe now I can actually test these out. I really like the Freeshape as it did shorten my blow dry time a little bit for when I had super long hair. The Hairstay is great for the nights when I want waves or curls to stay just that little bit longer. The Addvolume is also not bad but sometimes I really think a good volume day is due to the blow drying technique versus the products I use (especially when I have a bad hair day and use the same products?).
My August box is yet another prive box, but this time there was only really one product plus a small sample. I knew this going in and decided it was completely worth it. August was the Glamglow box and I have been wanting to try the glamglow mask that all the magazines are talking about.
The August box included:
- Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment (15g)
- Supermud Clearing Treatment (2.1g)
And despite wanting to try this product out, I still haven’t done it yet. Mainly because I misplaced the mask and have just found it – hopefully I will get an opportunity to use it over this next week. >.<
Finally I have the September box, which to be honest isn’t really my favorite since these are products I already have a lot of, so my excitement level was a little low. And as such, these samples are sitting in the queue to be used – I guess that is a disadvantage to being a beauty junkie – so much product, so little time. I enjoyed the Chatelaine issue that was included since it covered my two favorite topics: fashion/beauty and food. The one product I really liked was the Belugaria nail polish and I am planning to use it a lot over the holiday season, after all, if never-ending holiday parties doesn’t involve fancy nails, what would?
September Topbox (Chatelaine)
- Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer (5ml)
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime (3ml)
- Pelle Beauty Stellar Multitasking Facial Oil Concentrate (~5ml)
- Essie Encrusted Treasures Nail Polish in Belugaria (Full Size)
- Katy Perry Killer Queen Perfume (1.5ml)
- Issue of Chatelaine (not pictured)
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
In my opinion Topbox remains one of the best deals on the subscription box market. At $12 +tax, it is an amazing value as most of my boxes were worth more than the $12.60 I paid (except July’s) and I still like getting surprises in the mail! My favorite box would be the glamglow box, which seems weird since it really is only 1 product but it is almost like getting 42% off on a product I would have bought any way so when I look at it like that, I am very glad to have ordered the prive box.
July Topbox (Total Value $11.17)
- Hairstay Dry Xtreme – $3.60
- Addvolume Volumizing Spray – $2.51
- Freeshape Quick Blow Dry – $2.81
- Hairplay Messing Creme – $0.75
- Tamefrizz Taming Creme – $1.50
August Topbox (Total Value – $25.26)
- Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment – $21
- Supermud Clearing Treatment – $4.26
September Topbox (Total Value – $26.03)
- Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer – $6.33
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime – $1.30
- Pelle Beauty Stellar Multitasking Facial Oil Concentrate – $7.16
- Essie Encrusted Treasures Nail Polish in Belugaria – $9.99
- Katy Perry Killer Queen Perfume
- Issue of Chatelaine – $1.25
So like always, I remain happy with my topboxes and continue to look forward to my next one!