Wow. Time really does fly by when you’re having fun… but I am kind of back on the blogging wagon (or at least trying to get back on). So let’s talk about the Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival! As you may remember, I went for the first time last year (and hosted a giveaway back then too) and while I never got around to posting a review of the festival, I will say I had a fabulous time and pretty much ate my way through the event (I think I had to be rolled home?!).
The Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival is back for the 12th year! How did I not know about this from years 1-10 – I blame the poor student budget for keeping away me from wine and food. Anyways, the Festival is back next weekend in the Shaw Conference Centre and I have a pair of tickets to give away to one of my awesome readers (despite a lack of reading material lately).
If you haven’t heard about or attended this awesome event, here’s a small idea of what you’re in for. The Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival will be in Halls A – C of the Shaw Conference Centre and there will be opportunities for you to sample wine, scotch, premium spirits, beer and culinary creations from local restaurants, hotels and food purveyors. You can grab a sneak peek of what will be served through the festival guide or for all my app-obsessed friends, there is even an app for that.
Ticket prices range from $18 – $29 depending on which session you choose and how you purchase them, but buying them at the door will cost you more than buying online. The ticket prices are not all-inclusive so you will need to purchase sample tickets once you get into the festival. Sample tickets are $0.50 each and items will range from 1-20 tickets, although last year I think they averaged out to between 8-10 tickets for most items. Sample tickets are also cash only, so remember to stop by an ATM before heading in!
The sessions for the event are as follows:
- Friday, October 25 5-10pm
- Saturday, October 26 12-4pm
- Saturday, October 26 6-10pm
I have a pair of Friday Evening Session Tickets to give away to a lucky reader. There are a few stipulations attached though:
- Tickets are for Friday Evening (5-10pm) only and cannot be transferred to another session
- Tickets will only get you in the door, you’re on your own for sampling coupons
- All attendees must be over the age of 18 (no minors are permitted to attend)
So what do you have to do to win?
- Mandatory entry: Leave a comment below letting me know what you want to try at the Festival (make sure you leave a valid email address!)
- Bonus entry (once/day): Send tweet saying something like “I entered @argenplath’s giveaway for a pair of tickets to @rockywinefood. http://wp.me/p2eRUx-tg #yegfood” (You can be more creative than that as long as you tag @argenplath and @rockywinefood)
- Giveaway ends Thursday, October 24 at Noon MDT.