Where did time go?! I am absolutely shocked that December is coming up – I have no idea how time flies by so quickly, but I will keep working through my backlog of posts (slowly but surely, I will catch up – one day).
Here is a quick overview of my last two Glossyboxes. The September box consisted of:
- Wella Professionals Mirror Polish Shine Serum (40ml)
- B. Kamins Lip Balm SPF 20 (4ml)
- B. Kamins Maple Body Lotion (12ml)
- NYX Cosmetics: The Crimson Amulet Collection (Limited Edition, Full Size)
- Dove Cleartone Anti-Perspirant (17g)
I love B. Kamins products so I was really happy to see some of their products in this box! I can always use anti-perspirant and this one is great for tossing into a carry on bag (for emergencies?). I’ve stashed it in my default carry-on already so now I don’t have worry about forgetting to pack deodorant. Shine serums are definitely something I keep in my arsenal of hair products so this one will come in handy – I haven’t tested it out yet but other Wella products have worked well for me before so I’m going to assume that this one will also be ok.
The biggest piece in this box is the NYX palette. Below are shots of the contents of the palette – the colour isn’t 100% spot on in the photos but it’s close.
The palette has some very lovely colours that I can use and my sister is already planning on “borrowing” it so thumbs up for the September box.
The October box is my last glossybox for now, but it was still a pretty decent box.
The contents of the October box are:
- Jouviance Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Cream (5ml)
- ModelCo Flipstick Lip Duo (Full Size)
- Zoya Nail Polish in Emme (15ml, Full Size)
- Sebastian Professional Trilliance Shampoo and Conditioner (50ml each)
- Gillette Venus Razor (Full Size)
Everything in this box is something I can use, maybe except for the Zoya nail polish – unfortunately that is waaaaay too bubblegum pink for my skin tone. That is definitely one that I am hoping my friends or family might be able to use. I am very excited to try the Sebastian shampoo and conditioner – I have heard good things about it, although I have many other samples to go through first!
I do love the idea of lip duos because I’m all for multi-tasking and efficiency so only having to carry one lipstick around is a huge plus for me. I’ve been told that I’m late to the anti-aging regimen game (apparently you’re supposed to start in your mid-twenties?!) so the Jouviance will help get me back on track (hopefully). And who can’t use a razor (it’s not like they can go bad)? So I’m always pretty stoked to get a razor in sample boxes!
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
I paid $15 for both glossyboxes and I think the value is certainly there, however I have cancelled my Glossybox subscription. Glossybox has increased their prices to $21 per box and if you were a new subscriber, the October box would have cost you $21 but as a continuing subscriber, I received that at my old rate, but the November box would have cost me $21 if I decided to get it.
September (Total Value: $51.83)
- Wella Professionals Mirror Polish Shine Serum ($16.99)
- B. Kamins Lip Balm SPF 20 ($5.60)
- B. Kamins Maple Body Lotion ($2.73)
- NYX Cosmetics: The Crimson Amulet Collection ($25.00)
- Dove Cleartone Anti-Perspirant ($1.51)
October (Total Value = $79.59)
- Jouviance Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Cream ($9.35)
- ModelCo Flipstick Lip Duo ($38.75)
- Zoya Nail Polish in Emme ($8.00)
- Sebastian Professional Trilliance Shampoo and Conditioner ($6.50)
- Gillette Venus Razor ($16.99)
Despite the value of the box being over $21 – and it’s not a bad deal – I just can’t justify paying 30% ($6) more into my budget. I love trying new products but I think I can only spend $15-$18 for these sample boxes. And with Glossybox, there tends to be a lot of brands I am already familiar with and some drugstore products (albeit full size) that I can get anywhere so it doesn’t make sense for me to pay $21 for the service.
Although I am going to note that I have switched to trying out Topbox for November and we’ll see how that works out!