So once again, I am here apologizing for not being a very good blogger. I wish I had a super amazing excuse but life has just gotten in the way and I’m having too much fun doing things that I’ve neglected telling y’all about it. I am trying to clear out the backlog of posts but I am also in my last semester of my Masters program so school will come first (unfortunately). Please just keep checking back or subscribe for any new (sporadic) posts that come along.
Let’s move on to my summer of Glossyboxes – I don’t think that I am going to review every single item like I did for the May box since that would make for a very long post, but I did want to share what I got in each box and I am still subscribing to Glossybox so I am pretty happy with what I have received so far.
June was what I would consider the ‘Get Ready for Summer’ box…
I received a whole bunch of great items in the box and while most of these are available in drugstores but there are FOUR(!) full size items in the box. Can you tell that I’m easily appeased if I get full size items? So the contents included:
- Biore 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser (200ml)
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion SPF 55 (14ml)
- Wella Professionals Ocean Spiritz (150ml)
- Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex (7ml)
- Cover Girl Flipstick – Blendable Lip Duo in Whisper (3.8g)
- Gillette Venus Embrace Razor
- Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (single)
July was a little meh for me – I didn’t love it but I didn’t hate it either. It was just a so-so box – part of this was because I didn’t love the Frizz-Ease as I found I needed to use a lot of product to get rid of some of the frizz and that really weighed my hair down.
- Zoya Nail Polish (Full Size)
- Alessandro International Pedix Heel Rescue Balm (30ml)
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Xtra Strength Serum (50ml)
- Eucerin Calming Creme (5ml)
- Dove Softening Creme Body Wash (200ml)
- BeautySoClean Sanitizer Wipes (4)
The Zoya nail polish is actually a dupe for the Nars Schiap that I bought a while ago and they look exactly the same on my nails but the price is vastly different. The Nars was $22 while Zoya is $8.00. In the photo below, it might look like the Zoya is a bit lighter than the Nars but I used the Nars on my thumb and index fingers and the Zoya on my middle and ring fingers, can you tell the difference?
The August box was definitely pretty awesome and I really love the Befine samples and the lipstick is quite pretty as well. I don’t feel like I can carry off red nail polish very well but I will give this a try before I pass it along to a friend (most likely A.). Trend Trunk is a website where you can buy and sell your new and pre-owned clothing to others in the trend trunk community. The site looks interesting but I can’t say that I’m going to be buying anything off of it any time soon (mainly because I have to pay tuition).
- Sebastian Potion 9 Lite (50ml)
- Biore Make-up Removing Towelettes (10 count)
- Kryolan for Glossybox Lipstick (Full Size)
- Layla Smalto “Bijou” Nail Polish (4.5ml)
- Befine Fine Food Skin Care (10ml x 5 packages)
- Elastoplast SOS Blister (1)
- Trend Trunk Mystery Gift Card ($5 value)
So What Would Argenplath Pay?
The price of each box is $15 (including tax and shipping) and I feel like I definitely got my money’s worth even though some of the items are drugstore brands but they are things I normally use anyways so it just means I saved a trip to the store. The total values look a bit strange as I did a scale down the price to reflect how much the actual amount I received would cost in comparison to a full size product.
June (total value = $61.04):
- Biore 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser ($9.99)
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion SPF 55 ($2.54)
- Wella Professionals Ocean Spiritz ($16.99)
- Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex ($4.34)
- Cover Girl Flipstick – Blendable Lip Duo in Whisper ($12.50)
- Gillette Venus Embrace Razor ($13.43)
- Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips ($1.25)
July (total value = $36.31):
- Zoya Nail Polish ($8.00)
- Alessandro International Pedix Heel Rescue Balm ($5.99)
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Xtra Strength Serum ($14.99)
- Eucerin Calming Creme ($0.30)
- Dove Softening Creme Body Wash ($5.99)
- BeautySoClean Sanitizer Wipes ($1.04)
August (estimated total value = $63.13)
- Sebastian Potion 9 Lite ($6.98)
- Biore Make-up Removing Towelettes ($3.99)
- Kryolan for Glossybox Lipstick (estimate =$10)
- Layla Smalto “Bijou” Nail Polish ($11.99)
- Befine Fine Food Skin Care (50-150ml, $24-30; used $24 as an estimate)
- Elastoplast SOS Blister ($1.20)
- Trend Trunk Mystery Gift Card ($5 value)
I am eagerly awaiting my September box right now and will try to catch up and do a full review of all the products if possible. But in short, I am still happy with the Glossybox service although I am on a list to check out a different box (topbox) to see if I like it better. So if you’re a beauty junkie – consider giving Glossybox a try – just note that it’s not always high end samples (although you will probably get a full size product instead of a tiny sample – i.e. Dove body wash above).